- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cucumber with skin intact
- 2 stalks of celery including leaves
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 apple
- Wash vegetables and apple well. Do not peel.
- Juice the cabbage first and save the pulp for coleslaw salad.
- Juice the rest and mix well.
- The dark green peel of the cucumber as well as the spinach leaves provide a good source of chlorophyll, a phytochemical which helps to build red blood cells.
- Carrots are high in Beta-Carotene, an antioxidant believed to have anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Celery is known to lower blood-pressure and cholesterol as well as being rich in nutrients which help to fight cancer and other diseases.