Please note that this is in no way a medical article.
Discuss any concerns with your doctor, especially if you are pregnant.
Benefits of Apple Ginger Tonic:
- This juice taken regularly will help reduce bad bacteria overgrowth and
- increase immunity.
- This in turn helps to prevent viruses, especially in winter, and it will help fight colds and cancer.
- Ginger contains an enzyme that will help to lower your cholesterol.
- The vitamins contained in the lemon (especially Vitamin C) and the apple help to prevent a cold or flu coming on, as well as prevent an existing dose from getting worse.
- 2 apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cm (1″) slice of ginger
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Leave the skin on the apples when juicing. This makes the apple ginger tonic more nutritious as the skin contains more flavanoid.
- This is best done in a juicer (juice extractor). Push everything through, add ice if you want it chilled, and drink.
- If you use a blender you will have to strain it.
Pregnant women should not take ginger in high doses as it may increase the risk of miscarriage. Talk to your doctor before adding apple ginger tonic to your regular diet.
Benefits of this tasty drink:
- Apples and lemons are rich in flavonoid, a compound that contains antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
- Apples contain polyphenols which are also powerful antioxidants.
- Both fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- The skin also contains pectin, which helps to remove toxic substances.
- Apples lower cholesterol and reduces skin disease.
- Ginger is renowned for its many healing attributes, including cancer-fighting properties.
- Apple Ginger Tonic will help stimulate saliva, bile and gastric juice production to aid in digestion.
Come back next Tuesday for another ginger-based Recipe.