And it’s over for another year!
I had a crazy month in April. This is my 3rd A to Z Blogging challenge. (I actually think there is one missing, which would make it the 4th, but I can’t find it.)
I almost didn’t sign up for this year’s challenge as I knew it was going to be a busy month. However, I came across a theme that I really wanted to explore and share with others. One of my main reasons for wanting to do the A to Z challenge this year was to boost my niche website (Rise and Soar – a site to encourage and inspire those facing the Cancer Valley). So instead of posting on my main site (Write to Inspire) I chose a theme that would fit Rise and Soar without being specifically cancer-related.
I decided to write all my posts in advance and schedule them. Then all I had to do was comment on other blog posts and respond to comments on mine. I could do this!
Hah! Little did I know!
I only managed to write three posts in advance, so for the rest of the month I wrote the post the night before, and edited it early the next morning before publishing it.
I had a book deadline (for the last day of the month) for which I’d scheduled a five-day writing retreat, plus my husband and I went to visit family for the best part of a week on two occasions.
As if that wasn’t hectic enough, I added to the general chaos by forgetting to take my blood pressure medication, not once but twice on consecutive days. That ended up with a frantic drive down the mountain to the nearest hospital, half an hour away, with a scary blood pressure, and an overnight in the hospital.
For all that, I kept up and really enjoyed the craziness of the month. My book is finished (Naomi ~ Beloved Mother-in-law) and will be available in print in the USA and South Africa at the end of July. (eBook will be available shortly on Amazon.) My blood pressure is finally under control. And the A to Z challenge is complete.
My theme, as some of you know, was Improve your Life, Improve your Mind. I discovered that the one thing we should NOT do is accept symptoms as inevitable because we’re getting older. There is often a reason which can be rectified and the symptoms may be reversible.
The challenge certainly boosted my site. In the month of April alone I saw:
Extra visitors: Over 4,000.
Comments: Almost 300.
Thank you to all who supported me and left comments on my posts.
Here are the topics covered:
- Theme Reveal: About the theme: Improve your Life, Improve your Mind.
- A for Age. Read about how you can cut back on mental deterioration as you get older.
- B for Brains. See how you can best improve the brain you have.
- C for Care for and love your body and brain. Where are you falling short? How can you improve?
- D for Dopamine. What does this do for you? And how can you counteract a shortage?
- E for Exercise and how you can use it to improve your body and your mind.
- F for Fitbit which has certainly turned my life around!
- G for Genetics which can be a death sentence or a wake up call. Which do you choose?
- H for Hearing Loss. How good is your hearing? See how you can improve your hearing, your life and your mind.
- I for Inflammation, Immunity and Infection and how you can avoid or deal with them.
- J for Journal and ways you can use this to improve your life and your mind.
- K for Knowledge about ways to improve your life and improve your mind.
- L for Learn Something New every day and some suggestions how you can do this.
- M for Music and ways it can improve your life and your mind. Fascinating study!
Then moving on through the alphabet:
- N for Nourish your life which will in turn nourish your mind.
- O for Opportunities! Life is full of them. Look out for ways to improve your life and mind.
- P for Persevere if you genuinely want to improve your health and mind.
- Q for Quiet and ways to find this necessary commodity in our lives.
- R for Retirement – coming soon to a home near you! How to get the most out of it.
- S for Stress and the importance of handling it right.
- T for Thankfulness which can give you an attitude of gratitude and improve your life and mind.
- U for Understanding how important it is to look for ways to improve your life and your mind.
- V for Variety, the spice of your life, and how to add this seasoning to improve your life and mind.
- W for Water, it’s pros, its cons, and how to get the most out of it.
- X for Xerosis, that pesky skin disorder most of us get at some point in time, and how to deal with it.
- Y – now say YES! to going through these again next month and selecting the ones you’re going to tackle first!
- Z is for Zipa-dee-doo-dah It’s over! And I’ve survived. Wonderful feeling! Wonderful day!
Commencing on 23rd May, there is a Road Trip for all those who were involved in the A to Z. Sounds like fun. Join me?
Until then, keep looking after your life and your mind! Every blessing.