We’re into the last week of the A to Z Blogging Challenge for 2018. As we enter into the last letters, we look at U, V, W, X, Y, and Z. The most difficult letters to come up with good titles.
It’s at times like this we ask ourselves the question, Why?
Why do we set aside 26 days of our lives to write about a topic which may or may not be of interest to others, or ultimately even to ourselves?
And so today, I’m asking myself that question. Why have I dedicated what was already a crazy month in my life to writing on this particular topic? Improve your Life, Improve Your Mind?
It is my prayer that at least some lives will be changed as a result of reading these posts. I know mine has been. It’s just so good to know that I don’t have to roll over and “get old and mentally unstable” just because the years are going past.
Even if we improve our life, are we not still going to die?
Well yes, physically we are. If we have a relationship with the Lord, we know we are going to be with Him in eternity. But these bodies that give us hassles from time to time are going to die. So why do we need to worry about improving our live? Why not, as the saying goes, Live, Love and Be Happy?
Because, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather spend my last years on earth fit and able to enjoy life.
Surely there is no guarantee that by following the suggestions we’ve looked at over the past weeks we will remain healthy? And of course there aren’t. But the more we follow the ideas, the less likely we are to fall prey to many of the possible diseases that can be avoided.
A few days ago I shared with you how someone remarked on a man in his sixties that had a tremor in his hands. The person I was talking to said, “It’s just his age!” My question is, in that case why doesn’t every man in his sixties have the shakes?
Today, my husband who is approaching 80 saw the doctor and he mentioned that he had a slight tremor. Immediately the doctor put him on a trial medication to see if his theory is correct. He started it this morning, and you know what I noticed last night? When he holds his hands out to show me, there’s the tremor. When he’s concentrating on doing something that needs a steady hand—there’s the tremor. But when I support his arm and he’s concentrating on TV—no tremor. My Dr’s theory is it’s connected to his adrenaline levels when he’s concentrating and therefore under stress. We’ll see if he’s right. But if he is? So much for the “it’s his age!”
Some may still have sight or hearing difficulties. But they too may be minimal if we follow the suggestions. Unfortunately, some will still get cancer—but hopefully considerably less than folk will if they only observe some simple rules of living.
How about our minds?
As I’ve tried to show over the last few weeks, many so-called mental diseases are caused by physiological causes and can be prevented or reversed.
So how about it? Speaking personally, I intend going back through these posts again next month, one at a time, and implement as many of the steps as I can. I am determined to improve my life, improve my mind. How about you? What is the one thing you are going to try to work on first?
- A for Age. Do our brains always deteriorate as we get older?
- B for Brains. Are we stuck with what we have?
- C for Care for and love your body and brain.
- D for Dopamine. Do you drip or do you drown?
- E for Exercise to improve your body and your mind.
- F for Fitbit to improve your body and mind.
- G for Genetics. A death sentence or a wake up call?
- H for Hearing Loss. Ways to improve your life and mind.
- I for Inflammation, Immunity and Infection and how they affect your life and your mind.
- J for Journal to Improve your Life, your Mind.
- K for Knowledge, the key if you want to improve your life, improve your mind.
- L for Learn Something New every day to Improve your Life, Improve your Mind.
- M for Music: How does it improve your life and your mind?
- N for Nourish your Life, Nourish your Mind.
- O for Opportunities! Use them to Improve your Life, Improve your Mind.
- P for Persevere if you want to Improve your Health, Improve your Mind.
- Q for Quiet which can Improve your Life, Improve your Mind.
- R for Retirement and how to Improve your Life, Improve your Mind.
- S for Stress and How to Improve your Life, Improve your Mind.
- T for Thankfulness which can Improve your life, Improve your Mind.
- U for Understanding your goal to Improve your life, Improve your Mind.